Departure Date: May 10, 2009 (Tentative)
Return Date: May 16, 2009 (Tentative)
Cost: $1500-1750 (
cost not established yet and does not include
Deadline: April 1, 2009 However, registration may close before then if we reach the upper limit of the trip. It would be best to pay both the tuition and travel expenses before April 1.
Acknowledgement of Conditions and Responsibilities
Registration Process: Regular web registration
(click here) https://asups1a.astate.edu:4443/pls/PROD/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage
Undergraduate -- AGED 4473 or Graduate-- AGED 5473
However, registration is not complete until travel expenses have been paid.
Link to Graduate School webpage. http://graduateschool.astate.edu/applinks.htm for application.
Tentative Travel plans:
1. Several farms/plantations including livestock & swine farms, banana, coffee, & sugar plantation /cooperative, butterfly farm, etc,..
2. Butterfly farm
3. Lankanster Botanical Gardens
4. Agricultural Research Facilities CATIE
5. Livestock school of Central America
6. Two high School Agricultural programs
7. University of Costa Rica, College of Agriculture Experiment Station
8. Rainforest Tour and we will also stop along the way to see sites, i.e. volcano, water falls, etc.
1. Pay tuition (undergraduate or graduate) on or before April 1, 2009 (limited space)
Link to forms for admission to the ASU Graduate School
2. Pay travel expenses on or before April 1, 2009 (limited space)
3. Passport in your hand by departure date. (Takes about 4-6 weeks to get one)
4. Institutional paperwork completed on or before April 1, 2009 (on the web)
Medical Release Form
Video/Photo Release Form
Responsibilities and Conductions Institutional Travel Agreement/Disclosure
Payment Procedure: Tuition is paid just as
another course would be paid.
Payment sent directly to the:
College of Agriculture (COA, Costa Rica Study Tour)
P.O. Box 1080
Arkansas State University
State University, AR 72467
or, you can come by the College of Agriculture and Technology
Suggestions for finding funding:
1. Seek support from local civic organizations in your home town
2. Seek support from agribusinesses in your home town (letter to use with potential sponsors)
Letter for potential sponsors -- Use in making contact with potential sponsors/donors
Note: Sponsors/donors may give directly in support of an individual or for equal distribution to the group.
We suggest the checks be made to ASU College of Agriculture and Technology
Forms, links and other items:
Admission to Graduate School (link to ASU Graduate School website)
(Acknowledgement of Conditions and Responsibilities Word Doc)
Letter for potential sponsors
Flyer -- Word Perfect Costarica02/costa_flyer_05.wpd
Flyer -- pdf form costa_rica_flyer_05.PDF
Costa Rica Pictures 2005
Costa Rica 2002 Pictures
Tentative Travel Itinerary for 08
Overview of trip Costa Rica
Last revised 12-6-08